Rescue Me (Book two of The Shelter Me Series) by Kathy Coopmans
Erin McIntyre is a survivor. Four years ago she bundled up her six year old daughter and set sail into uncharted waters with nothing more than the will to survive. When offered a place to stay and a new job by her best friend’s cousin Adam, she simply cannot refuse…but Adam quickly becomes more than a friend. Scared to love again, and convinced that giving her heart to a man will only lead to pain, Erin remains steadfast, certain the only person she can trust is herself. But when her past comes knocking, threatening to tear her carefully constructed world apart, and the support of a person who believes in her more than she does herself will be the one thing that can keep her head above water. Will old habits prove too hard to break and leave Erin drowning in a sea of self-doubt, or can she let go of her fears and learn to love once more?
Adam Payne never thought he would find Love. He really wasn’t even looking for it. He fell hard and he fell fast for Erin McIntyre. Determined to show her that she is worthy of not only his love but worthy of herself. He will stop at nothing to make this woman his and when their love for one another surfaces into a love that Erin never thought would come her way her past comes back to haunt them all. Will Adam be able to Rescue Erin from her worst fear or will she pack up and run for the simple reason that the only thing she has ever known is her will to try and survive.
“Ready?” I ask as I approach him and continue on into the kitchen to get my purse.
“Yup, and I am starving. Let’s go.” He advances towards me. “Damn, woman! You’re not wearing those jeans, are you? No fucking way.”
Bewildered and totally caught off guard by his statement, I stand there with my hands on my hips.
“What the hell are you talking about? There isn’t anything wrong with these jeans.”
“No there’s not, and that’s the problem. Your sweet, fine ass looks too good in those jeans. I don’t want to have to kick someone’s ass for checking you out, especially when I have the girls with me. Can you go put on a baggy pair of sweatpants or something?”
“What are you playing at, Adam?” I remove my hands from my hips and place one of them on his forehead. “Are you coming down with something?”
He gently pulls me into his rock hard body.
“Oh, sweet cheeks. I came down with something three months ago when I checked out that ass of yours when I was in Texas,” he says with humor and as low-key as he can be. “And I am not playing.”
“You’re unbelievable,” I say, rolling my eyes.
Adam lifts me up onto the counter and whispers in my ear words that leave a tingle of pure pleasure down my spine.
“Although I love every tantalizing, sexy curve of your body, I am most definitely an ass man, sweetheart. And this ass,” he says as he places his hands underneath me and gives my bottom a light squeeze, “Has been in my dreams for the past three months. I can’t wait until I can feel it uncovered because Erin, I am going to make you feel like you have never felt before.”
“Oh my God, Adam.” I can barely get out a word as I feel my throat tighten up and, holy hotness, this man is mentally seducing me and I love it.
“You feel it too, don’t you, Erin?” he speaks in a ragged, raspy voice as he trails soft kisses up my neck.
“I do,” I whimper.
Shelter Me (Book one of The Shelter Me Series)
At first, Shayne is hesitant. She wouldn’t be able to survive losing him again, but the pull toward him is so fierce, she can’t deny herself the chance. With the decision to start over, Luke and Shayne must admit truths and come to terms with the events that forced them apart in the first place. When secrets are revealed and old threats come to pass, will Luke be able to shelter Shayne from the destruction, or will she become lost to him forever?
***Shelter Me is a full length novel. You will notice that the story ends at approximately 75%. The remaining 25% you will be able to enjoy the first few chapters from four incredible Authors. Kristin Kitchen, A.m. Madden, Kate Stewart and A.d Justice. Enjoy.***
Kathy is a Michigan native where she lives with her husband Tony. They have two son’s Aaron and Shane.
She is a sports nut. Her favorite sports include NASCAR, Baseball and Football.
By day she is a hairstylist and loves her job.
She has always been an avid reader and at the young age of 50 decided she wanted to write. She claims she can do several things at once and still stay on task. Her favorite quote is “I got this.”