Published on May 2, 2014
This is a story of Sean Miller, a dom that will have your panties diving for cover with an eyebrow quirk. That will have even the strongest woman dropping to their knees in submission with a piercing stare, and Samantha Richards, a female cop who’s tough, seemingly impenetrable shell is strong enough to resist everyone except the one man it was build up to protect her against.
**Disclaimer – If you thought the first two Bliss books were hot, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Creative use of handcuffs, batons, a club scene you have to read to believe, and a tough as nails dominant who is blindsided when the one woman strong enough to disarm him threatens his resolve not to let his past dictate his future.**
Like the other books in the Bliss series, this book can be read as a stand alone. There are common characters in the books but it is not necessary to read the first two books in the series to read this one.
Sam, is a very headstrong cop. She is tough, and has this type of sass that all of B.J. Harvey’s heroine has. While she may not have been my favorite character in this series, she is still strong and knows what/who she wants, but fears it all at the same time. Sam had a relationship with Sean when they were both in college, but let her fears scare her away.
Sean has always known he was a Dom, but the one woman he wanted to have in his life left long ago. Sean has then decided that he was not going to keep anyone around long term, it was easier for him this way.
When circumstances put Sammy and Sean back together again, will Sammy be able to let go of her fears and do what she wants for herself, or will she let others decide for her? Will Sean be able to help Sam realize that she is who she should be when they are together, or will the past repeat itself?
While I enjoyed Sean, in all of his Dom glory, I just can’t say the same about Sam. She may be headstrong in her job, but her personal life – she still seemed to worry more about what others would think of her and her relationship shadow her own strength and worth. IMO. I have read and enjoyed the whole Bliss series, and this book is no exception. If you have not had the chance to read the Bliss series, now is your chance. While you don’t have to read the first two books to understand this book, there are some characters that pop up from other books (after reading the first book, you may understand this a bit better).
Bliss Series Facts
- The books are all standalones that can be read separately in their own right but feature common characters throughout the books.
- There are currently four books planned for the series but I have tentative ideas for one more novel and one novella.
- Out of the three females in the three books so far, there has been a brunette, a red head and a blonde – I wonder what Noah’s female of choice will have 😉
- Each of those females have a favorite drink of choice; Mac likes tequila, Kate likes her win, Sam has a close relationship with Vodka (and couches)
- Ben & Jerry’s ice cream features in every book (and I only tasted Ben & Jerrys’ for the first time in March this year!) Mac and Kate like Chunky Monkey, Sam likes Karamel Sutra.
- Temporary Bliss (Bliss#1) is the only book that features all of the main characters (Sam first appears in True Bliss (Bliss #2).
- All four planned books in the Bliss series will soon be published in portuguese in Brazilian book stores
- Every book has songs as chapter titles
BJ Harvey is the Amazon Bestselling Author of The Bliss Romantic Comedy Series and The Lost Romantic Suspense Series. An avid music fan, you will always find her with headphones when writing, and the speakers blaring the rest of the time. She’s a wife, a mom to two beautiful children, and a full-time university student. BJ resides with her family in what she considers the best country in the world—New Zealand.
a RAFFLECOPTER giveaway